Arapahoe Lodge – Keystone – Real Estate
Below are condos for sale currently listed in the Summit County MLS in the Arapahoe Lodge condo subdivision in Keystone. With a base elevation of 9,280 feet and located about 74 miles west of Denver, Keystone is home to the Keystone Resort, and it's only a few miles from Arapahoe Basin as well. In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Keystone features so many activities, including two golf courses and a five-acre ice skating pond. As part of Keystone, the Arapahoe Lodge condo complex is just steps away from all of the outdoor, retail and dining experiences that the area has to offer.
Comprised of 40 condos, the Arapahoe Lodge condo community is part of the River Run Village at the Keystone Resort. As a result, Arapahoe Lodge condos are part of the largest base area that forms the heart of Keystone Resort. Arapahoe Lodge condos are mere steps away from a plethora of fantastic amenities and activities, restaurants, resort retail spaces, a plaza with a cozy outdoor fire pit and the Warren Station concert venue. Plus, Arapahoe Lodge condos are just a short walk from the Gondola and chairlift that lead up Dercum Mountain, thereby providing easy access to all of the ski and ride adventures that Keystone Resort has to offer. In sum, Arapahoe Lodge condos are a fantastic place to own or stay, and an Arapahoe Lodge condo makes for a terrific second home or revenue-generating investment property.
While the complex is primarily composed of one-bedroom units, each of the individual Arapahoe Lodge condos fits into one of roughly 4 different floor plans:
- 1 Bedroom & 1 Bath - 503, 504, 551, 556, 557, 563, 565, 568, 579, 583, 584, 586, 601, 611, 612, 620, 621, 622, 646 or 650 square feet
- 1 Bedroom & 2 Baths - 702 or 759 square feet
- 2 Bedrooms & 2 Baths - 721, 726, 903, 970, 1103, 1059 or 1162 square feet
- 3 bedrooms & 4 Baths - 1922 square feet (only one condo)
Arapahoe Lodge Condos - Amenities & Facilities
The Arapahoe Lodge condo complex includes the following amenities and facilities:
Outdoor hot tub (off entry level hallway)
Use of Dakota pool (direct access down hallway)
- Underground covered parking garage
Common laundry (on main level & 3rd floor)
Outer lobby with sofas
Bike storage in lower level parking garage
Small outside community deck with seating
Arapahoe Lodge Real Estate
Frequently Asked Questions
To determine whether owners in Arapahoe Lodge are permitted to short-term rent their properties, there is generally a two-part analysis:
- Do the Arapahoe Lodge homeowners' association and governing documents allow owners to short-term rent? Yes. There is no provision in the bylaws, covenants or other governing documents for Arapahoe Lodge that would prevent owners from short-term renting their units.
- Does the local governmental authority currently allow a property owner to obtain a new Arapahoe Lodge short-term rental license? Yes. Arapahoe Lodge is located in unincorporated Summit County and is therefore subject to the jurisdiction of the Summit County Board of County Commissioners (“BoCC”). Summit County defines a short-term rental as any residential dwelling unit or room therein that is rented for periods of less than 30 consecutive days. On September 14, 2021, BoCC passed a temporary 90-day moratorium on the issuance of new short-term rental licenses. However, because Keystone is predominantly a resort community serving visitors to Summit County, BoCC created an exemption to the short-term rental moratorium for all properties located in the Keystone area. Accordingly, the Arapahoe Lodge real estate community and other Keystone property subdivisions all remain unaffected by the short-term rental moratorium in Summit County. New property owners in Arapahoe Lodge may continue to apply for and receive short-term rental licenses.
In sum, the Arapahoe Lodge homeowners association does not preclude owners from short-term renting their properties. Furthermore, the short-term rental moratorium does not apply to Arapahoe Lodge property owners; so, Summit County will continue to grant new short-term rental licenses to homes located in Arapahoe Lodge.
Arapahoe Lodge homeowners' association dues include the following expenses:
- Basic cable tv
- Common area maintenance
- Common area management
- Common insurance
- Common taxes
- Snow removal
- Trash pickup
- Wi-fi internet access
- Water/sewer fees
In sum, the homeowners' association dues in Arapahoe Lodge generally cover almost all monthly expenses that owners routinely pay to own a Summit County property. From that standpoint, Arapahoe Lodge owners do not have to set up an account with Xcel Energy to pay utilities. And, if Arapahoe Lodge owners are satisfied with basic tv channels and shared WiFi internet access, there is also no need to potentially set up an account with Xfinity or another cable/satellite provider.
A real estate transfer tax is a payment to a governmental entity, which is sometimes made when a real estate transaction occurs. Real estate transfer tax is generally calculated as a small percentage of the total purchase price agreed on by the parties to a real estate transaction. Typically, we find in Summit County that the percentage is either 0%, 1%, 1,5% or 2% of the gross purchase price in section 4 of the the standard Colorado real estate contract. In Summit County, transfer tax funds help to pay for a variety of different community improvements. Whether the buyer or seller pays transfer tax is negotiable as part of each real estate transaction.
In Arapahoe Lodge, there is a 2% transfer tax. Dependent on contractual negotiation between the parties, either the seller or buyer will have to potentially pay 2% of the total purchase price at closing as part of a property sale in Arapahoe Lodge. Or, the parties to a Arapahoe Lodge transaction could negotiate to split the 2% transfer tax.
The governing documents for the Arapahoe Lodge homeowners' association do not permit pets within the complex As a result, the Arapahoe Lodge homeowners' association does not allow owners, long-term renters or short-term renters to have pets anywhere within properties located in the Arapahoe Lodge subdivision.
Arapahoe Lodge - Condos for Sale
(current listings displayed below by newest first)
If zero current listings were found above, it just means there are no homes in Arapahoe Lodge listed for sale right now in the Summit County MLS. If you'd like to sign up for free listing alerts on the right, you'll be instantly notified as soon as future listings in Arapahoe Lodge become available.
Recently Sold or Under Contract
(past listings displayed below by most recent first)