Expedition Station Condos – Keystone Real Estate
Below are condos for sale currently listed in the Summit County MLS in the Expedition Station condo subdivision in Keystone. Located about 74 miles west of Denver with a base elevation of 9,280 feet, Keystone is home to the Keystone Resort, and it's only a few miles from Arapahoe Basin as well. In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Keystone features so many activities, including a five-acre ice skating pond and two golf courses. As part of Keystone, the Expedition Station condo complex is just steps away from all of the outdoor, retail and dining experiences that the area has to offer.
Comprised of 91 condos, the Expedition Station condo community is part of the River Run Village at the Keystone Resort. As a result, Expedition Station condos are part of the largest base area that forms the heart of Keystone Resort. Expedition Station condos are mere steps away from a plethora of fantastic amenities and activities, restaurants, resort retail spaces, a plaza with a cozy outdoor fire pit and the Warren Station concert venue. Plus, Expedition Station condos are just a short walk from the Gondola and chairlift that lead up Dercum Mountain, thereby providing easy access to all of the ski and ride adventures that Keystone Resort has to offer. In sum, Expedition Station condos are a fantastic place to own or stay, and an Expedition Station condo makes for a terrific second home or revenue-generating investment property.
Each of the individual Expedition Station condos fits into one of roughly 5 different floor plans:
- Studio - 387, 409, 474 or 483 square feet
- 1 Bedroom & 1 Bath - 500, 508, 546, 554, 558, 638 or 660 square feet
- 1 Bedroom & 2 Baths - 556, 621, 627, 666 or 729 square feet
- 2 Bedrooms & 2 Baths - 756, 806, 811, 820, 858, 929, 934, 955 or 970 square feet
- 3 bedrooms & 3 Baths - 1108, 1113 or 1187 square feet
Expedition Station Condos - Amenities & Facilities
The Expedition Station condo complex includes the following amenities and facilities:
Outdoor Pool (adjacent to main lobby)
1 Outdoor hot tub (adjacent to main lobby)
Gas and charcoal grill in outdoor pool area
Large outdoor courtyard to lounge near outdoor pool and hot tub
Men’s bathroom & shower (interior and outdoor access)
Women’s bathroom & shower (interior and outdoor access)
- Main lobby with pool table, fireplace, small bartop work area and sofas
Shared laundry on all 4 levels of building
- Bike storage in lower level parking garage
Expedition Station Real Estate
Frequently Asked Questions
To determine whether owners in Expedition Station are permitted to short-term rent their properties, there is generally a two-part analysis:
- Do the Expedition Station homeowners' association and governing documents allow owners to short-term rent? Yes. There is no provision in the bylaws, covenants or other governing documents for Expedition Station that would prevent owners from short-term renting their units.
- Does the local governmental authority currently allow a property owner to obtain a new Expedition Station short-term rental license? Yes. Expedition Station is located in unincorporated Summit County and is therefore subject to the jurisdiction of the Summit County Board of County Commissioners (“BoCC”). Summit County defines a short-term rental as any residential dwelling unit or room therein that is rented for periods of less than 30 consecutive days. On September 14, 2021, BoCC passed a temporary 90-day moratorium on the issuance of new short-term rental licenses. However, because Keystone is predominantly a resort community serving visitors to Summit County, BoCC created an exemption to the short-term rental moratorium for all properties located in the Keystone area. Accordingly, the Expedition Station real estate community and other Keystone property subdivisions all remain unaffected by the short-term rental moratorium in Summit County. New property owners in Expedition Station may continue to apply for and receive short-term rental licenses.
In sum, the Expedition Station homeowners association does not preclude owners from short-term renting their properties. Furthermore, the short-term rental moratorium does not apply to Expedition Station property owners; so, Summit County will continue to grant new short-term rental licenses to homes located in Expedition Station.
Expedition Station homeowners' association dues include the following expenses:
- Basic cable tv
- Common area maintenance
- Common area management
- Common insurance
- Common taxes
- Snow removal
- Trash pickup
- Wi-fi internet access
- Water/sewer fees
In sum, the homeowners' association dues in Expedition Station generally cover almost all monthly expenses that owners routinely pay to own a Summit County property. From that standpoint, Expedition Station owners do not have to set up an account with Xcel Energy to pay utilities. And, if Expedition Station owners are satisfied with basic tv channels and shared WiFi internet access, there is also no need to potentially set up an account with Xfinity or another cable/satellite provider.
A real estate transfer tax is a payment to a governmental entity, which is sometimes made when a real estate transaction occurs. Real estate transfer tax is generally calculated as a small percentage of the total purchase price agreed on by the parties to a real estate transaction. Typically, we find in Summit County that the percentage is either 0%, 1%, 1,5% or 2% of the gross purchase price in section 4 of the the standard Colorado real estate contract. In Summit County, transfer tax funds help to pay for a variety of different community improvements. Whether the buyer or seller pays transfer tax is negotiable as part of each real estate transaction.
In Expedition Station, there is a 2% transfer tax. Dependent on contractual negotiation between the parties, either the seller or buyer will have to potentially pay 2% of the total purchase price at closing as part of a property sale in Expedition Station. Or, the parties to a Expedition Station transaction could negotiate to split the 2% transfer tax.
The governing documents for the Expedition Station homeowners' association do not permit pets within the complex As a result, the Expedition Station homeowners' association does not allow owners, long-term renters or short-term renters to have pets anywhere within properties located in the Expedition Station subdivision.
Expedition Station - Condos for Sale
(current listings displayed below by newest first)
If zero current listings appear above, it just means there are no homes in Expedition Station listed for sale right now in the Summit County MLS. If you'd like to sign up for free listing alerts on the right, you'll be instantly notified as soon as future listings in Expedition Station become available.
Expedition Station Condos
Recently Sold or Under Contract
(past listings displayed below by most recent first)