Quicksilver Condo – Keystone – Real Estate
Below are homes for sale currently listed in the Summit County MLS in the Quicksilver Condo subdivision in Keystone. Located about 74 miles west of Denver with a base elevation of 9,280 feet, Keystone is home to the Keystone Resort, and it's only a few miles from Arapahoe Basin as well. In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Keystone features so many activities, including a five-acre ice skating pond and two golf courses. As part of Keystone, the Quicksilver Condo subdivision is just steps away from all of the outdoor, retail and dining experiences that the area has to offer.
The Condo community is comprised 78 condos, many of which include fabulous views of the surrounding mountains and woods. Quicksilver Condo is conveniently located along the free Keystone Resort Shuttle route. Each of the individual Quicksilver Condos generally fits into one of the following different floor plans:
- 1 Bedroom & 1 Bath - 921 to 966 square feet
- 2 Bedrooms & 2 or 2.5 Baths - 1200 to 1401 square feet
- 3 bedrooms & 2 or 3 Baths - 1581 to 1649 square feet
Originally constructed from 1977 to 1980, there are 8 buildings in the Quicksilver Condo community. In the fall of 2018, the Quicksilver Condo Homeowners Association completed an upgrade project for a number of its facilities. It was a terrific project that should result in increased market value for every Quicksilver Condo homeowner.
Situated amongst pine and aspen trees, the Quicksilver Condo complex features access to a terrific clubhouse with an enormous indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. Because of the many available amenities, the Quicksilver Condo complex presents a great opportunity for primary residents or second homeowners as well as tremendous long-term and short-term rental potential.
Quicksilver Condo Real Estate
Frequently Asked Questions
To determine whether owners in Quicksilver Condo are permitted to short-term rent their properties, there is generally a two-part analysis:
- Do the Quicksilver Condo homeowners' association and governing documents allow owners to short-term rent? Yes. There is no provision in the bylaws, covenants or other governing documents for Quicksilver Condo that would prevent owners from short-term renting their units.
- Does the local governmental authority currently allow a property owner to obtain a new Quicksilver Condo short-term rental license? Yes. Quicksilver Condo is located in unincorporated Summit County and is therefore subject to the jurisdiction of the Summit County Board of County Commissioners (“BoCC”). Summit County defines a short-term rental as any residential dwelling unit or room therein that is rented for periods of less than 30 consecutive days. On September 14, 2021, BoCC passed a temporary 90-day moratorium on the issuance of new short-term rental licenses. However, because Keystone is predominantly a resort community serving visitors to Summit County, BoCC created an exemption to the short-term rental moratorium for all properties located in the Keystone area. Accordingly, the Quicksilver Condo real estate community and other Keystone property subdivisions all remain unaffected by the short-term rental moratorium in Summit County. New property owners in Quicksilver Condo may continue to apply for and receive short-term rental licenses.
In sum, the Quicksilver Condo homeowners association does not preclude owners from short-term renting their properties. Furthermore, the short-term rental moratorium does not apply to Quicksilver Condo property owners; so, Summit County will continue to grant new short-term rental licenses to homes located in Quicksilver Condo.
Quicksilver Condo homeowners' association dues include the following expenses:
- Basic cable tv
- Common area maintenance
- Common area management
- Common insurance
- Common taxes
- Snow removal
- Trash pickup
- Wi-fi internet access
- Water/sewer fees
A real estate transfer tax is a payment to a governmental entity, which is sometimes made when a real estate transaction occurs. Real estate transfer tax is generally calculated as a small percentage of the total purchase price agreed on by the parties to a real estate transaction. Typically, we find in Summit County that the percentage is either 0%, 1%, 1,5% or 2% of the gross purchase price in section 4 of the the standard real estate contract. In Summit County, transfer tax funds help to pay for a variety of different community improvements. Whether the buyer or seller pays transfer tax is negotiable as part of each real estate transaction.
In Quicksilver Condo, there is 0% transfer tax. That means neither seller nor buyer will have to potentially pay transfer tax as part of a property sale in Quicksilver Condo!
The governing documents for the Quicksilver Condo homeowners' association permit property owners to keep pets within their properties. However, the Quicksilver Condo homeowners' association does not allow long-term renters or short-term renters to have pets anywhere within properties located in the subdivision.
Quicksilver Condos for Sale
(current listings displayed below by newest first)
If zero current listings were found above, it just means there are no homes in Quicksilver Condo listed for sale right now in the Summit County MLS. If you'd like to sign up for free listing alerts on the right, you'll be instantly notified as soon as future listings in Quicksilver Condo become available.
Quicksilver Condos - Location
Recently Sold or Under Contract
(past listings displayed below by most recent first)