Silver Mill Condos
Keystone Real Estate
Below are condos for sale currently listed in the Summit County MLS in the Silver Mill Condos of Keystone. Located about 74 miles west of Denver with a base elevation of 9,280 feet, Keystone is home to the Keystone Resort, and it's only a few miles from Arapahoe Basin as well. In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Keystone features so many activities, including a five-acre ice skating pond and two golf courses. As part of Keystone, the Silver Mill Condos subdivision is conveniently located close to all of the outdoor, retail and dining experiences that the area has to offer.
The Silver Mill Condos community is comprised 131 condos, right in the heart of River Run Village with lots of nearby restaurants, shopping and activities. While the free in-resort bus system is available, the Silver Mill Condos complex is conveniently located just steps from the Keystone ski runs & gondola. Each of the individual Silver Mill Condos fit into one of roughly five different floor plans:
- 0 bedroom (studio) & 1 Bath - 399 to 443 square feet
- 1 bedroom & 1 Bath - 508 to 604 square feet
- 2 bedrooms & 2 Baths - 680 to 1005 square feet
- 3 bedrooms & 3 Baths - 1183 to 1337 square feet
- 3 bedrooms & 3 1/2 Baths - 1616 square feet
Originally constructed in 1996, the Silver Mill Condos complex is comprised of one building with five floors, accessible by elevators. Each unit in Silver Mill Condos features modern interiors, and the community has access to a year-round swimming pool, hot tubs, a grill area, sauna, exercise room, ski lockers, underground parking, shared laundry, and an owner's lounge with a pool table.
Silver Mill Condos - Amenities & Facilities
The Silver Mill Condos condo complex includes the following amenities and facilities:
3 Outdoor hot tubs (off entry level hallway)
Use of Dakota pool
Men’s bathroom on entry level
Women’s bathroom on entry level
Laundry (on 4th & 5th floors)
Large Lobby with pool table, sofas, tables, tv, gas fireplace & kitchenette
Small sitting lobby with gas fireplace
Large community outer deck with grill and gas fire pit
Bike storage in lower level parking garage
Silver Mill Condos Real Estate
Frequently Asked Questions
To determine whether owners in Silver Mill Condos are permitted to short-term rent their properties, there is generally a two-part analysis:
- Do the Silver Mill Condos homeowners' association and governing documents allow owners to short-term rent? Yes. There is no provision in the bylaws, covenants or other governing documents for Silver Mill Condos that would prevent owners from short-term renting their units.
- Does the local governmental authority currently allow a property owner to obtain a new Silver Mill Condos short-term rental license? Yes. Silver Mill Condos is located in unincorporated Summit County and is therefore subject to the jurisdiction of the Summit County Board of County Commissioners (“BoCC”). Summit County defines a short-term rental as any residential dwelling unit or room therein that is rented for periods of less than 30 consecutive days. On September 14, 2021, BoCC passed a temporary 90-day moratorium on the issuance of new short-term rental licenses. However, because Keystone is predominantly a resort community serving visitors to Summit County, BoCC created an exemption to the short-term rental moratorium for all properties located in the Keystone area. Accordingly, the Silver Mill Condos real estate community and other Keystone property subdivisions all remain unaffected by the short-term rental moratorium in Summit County. New property owners in Silver Mill Condos may continue to apply for and receive short-term rental licenses.
In sum, the Silver Mill Condos homeowners association does not preclude owners from short-term renting their properties. Furthermore, the short-term rental moratorium does not apply to Silver Mill Condos property owners; so, Summit County will continue to grant new short-term rental licenses to homes located in Silver Mill Condos.
Silver Mill Condos homeowners' association dues include the following expenses:
- Basic cable tv
- Common area maintenance
- Common area management
- Common insurance
- Common taxes
- Snow removal
- Trash pickup
- Wi-fi internet access
- Water/sewer fees
In sum, the homeowners' association dues in Silver Mill Condos generally cover almost all monthly expenses that owners routinely pay to own a Summit County property. From that standpoint, Silver Mill Condos owners do not have to set up an account with Xcel Energy to pay utilities. And, if Silver Mill Condos owners are satisfied with basic tv channels and shared WiFi internet access, there is also no need to potentially set up an account with Xfinity or another cable/satellite provider.
A real estate transfer tax is a payment to a governmental entity, which is sometimes made when a real estate transaction occurs. Real estate transfer tax is generally calculated as a small percentage of the total purchase price agreed on by the parties to a real estate transaction. Typically, we find in Summit County that the percentage is either 0%, 1%, 1,5% or 2% of the gross purchase price in section 4 of the the standard Colorado real estate contract. In Summit County, transfer tax funds help to pay for a variety of different community improvements. Whether the buyer or seller pays transfer tax is negotiable as part of each real estate transaction.
In Silver Mill Condos, there is a 2% transfer tax. Dependent on contractual negotiation between the parties, either the seller or buyer will have to potentially pay 2% of the total purchase price at closing as part of a property sale in Silver Mill Condos. Or, the parties to a Silver Mill Condos transaction could negotiate to split the 2% transfer tax.
The governing documents for the Silver Mill Condos homeowners' association do not permit pets within the complex As a result, the Silver Mill Condos homeowners' association does not allow owners, long-term renters or short-term renters to have pets anywhere within properties located in the Silver Mill Condos subdivision.
Silver Mill Condos for Sale
(current listings displayed below by newest first)
If zero current listings were found above, it just means there are no homes in Silver Mill Condos listed for sale right now in the Summit County MLS. If you'd like to sign up for free listing alerts on the right, you'll be instantly notified as soon as future listings in Silver Mill Condos become available.