Summit County Real Estate Market Trends for February 2014
Land Title Guarantee Company recently released its monthly Summit County real estate market analysis for February 2014. On a seasonal basis, February is generally a slow month for real estate transactions, as visitors & locals focus on the winter snow season. The local real estate market in Summit County tends to see its highest level of activity during the summer and early fall.
As part of its analysis, LTGC provided the monthly percentage change in total dollar volume & total number of real estate transactions across Summit County. Comparing February 2014 to the month of February in recent years, the totals were as follows:
- February 2009 – $27,246,500 generated from 55 transactions
- February 2010 – $36,036,515 generated from 66 transactions
- February 2011 – $38,351,800 generated from 89 transactions
- February 2012 – $43,118,700 generated from 79 transactions
- February 2013 – $40,697,000 generated from 92 transactions
- February 2014 – $40,404,200 generated from 83 transactions
Looking at these statistics, the local real estate market in February 2014 remained mainly flat in comparison to February 2013. The number of real estate transactions in Summit County in February 2014 decreased 10% from February 2013. The total dollar volume of sales in February 2014 decreased 1% from February 2013.
To briefly recap results reported over prior months in 2014:
- In January 2014, the number of real estate transactions in Summit County decreased 6% in comparison to January 2013, and the total dollar volume of sales in January 2014 decreased 2% from January 2013.
If you’re interested in buying a Summit County home, there are of course plenty of great opportunities available. Please don’t hesitate to contact Philip for help.
New Silverthorne & Wildernest Real Estate Listings – Last 30 Days
The market analysis information and representations regarding market analysis above are based in whole or in part on information provided by Land Title Guarantee Company. Although the information above is believed to be true and correct, the information cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, neither SummitRealtor.com nor Land Title Guarantee Company can in any way be held responsible for its accuracy. The data above does not reflect all real estate activity in the market.