Summit County Real Estate Market Trends for March 2014
Land Title Guarantee Company recently released its monthly Summit County real estate market analysis for March 2014. On a seasonal basis, March is generally one of the less busy months for real estate transactions, as visitors & locals continue to focus on the winter snow season. The local real estate market in Summit County tends to see its highest level of activity during the summer and early fall.
As part of its analysis, LTGC provided the monthly percentage change in total dollar volume & total number of real estate transactions across Summit County. Comparing March 2014 to the month of March in recent years, the totals were as follows:
- March 2009 – $37,878,500 generated from 71 transactions
- March 2010 – $37,425,700 generated from 86 transactions
- March 2011 – $44,858,700 generated from 102 transactions
- March 2012 – $37,384,000 generated from 81 transactions
- March 2013 – $46,679,000 generated from 118 transactions
- March 2014 – $60,774,200 generated from 119 transactions
Looking at these statistics, the local real estate market in March 2014 trended upward in comparison to March 2013. The number of real estate transactions in Summit County in March 2014 increased only 1% from March 2013. However, the total dollar volume of sales in March 2014 increased a significant 30% from March 2013.
To briefly recap results reported over prior months in 2014:
- In February 2014, the number of real estate transactions in Summit County decreased 10% in comparison to February 2013, and the total dollar volume of sales in February 2014 decreased 1% from February 2013.
- In January 2014, the number of real estate transactions in Summit County decreased 6% in comparison to January 2013, and the total dollar volume of sales in January 2014 decreased 2% from January 2013.
If you’re interested in buying a Summit County home, there are of course plenty of great opportunities available. Please don’t hesitate to contact Philip for help.
New Copper Mountain Real Estate Listings – Last 45 Days
The market analysis information and representations regarding market analysis above are based in whole or in part on information provided by Land Title Guarantee Company. Although the information above is believed to be true and correct, the information cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, neither SummitRealtor.com nor Land Title Guarantee Company can in any way be held responsible for its accuracy. The data above does not reflect all real estate activity in the market.